1. Every process from your saliva right through your GI tract that breaks down food and burns fat requires water.
2. Your BMR is your basal metabolic rate.
It is the amount of energy (calories) you burn daily just to stay alive.
Heart beating, kidneys functioning, nails and hair growing, tears being formed etc. If you stayed in bed all day this is how much energy you would use. You can increase your BMR by 100 cals a day by drinking enough water.
That is 1/2 kg of fat you could burn in a month or 6kg in a year!
3. We are 60% water by body weight. That is how essential water is for our whole being.
4. Water is essential for making good quality connective tissue and lubricating our joints. (and other areas, watch the video for details!)
5. Water flushes out toxins and keeps our kidneys functioning properly. You won't burn body fat as fuel if your kidneys are not working properly.
6. Our hormones are carried in water. Especially important if you are over 40 or have a low mood.
7. Water is our cooling system and ironically if we don't drink enough we hold on to fluid.
8. Water is a natural appetite suppressant.
9. Being dehydrated leads to fatigue and food cravings both of which release our inner labrador. Sweet or salty snacks seem like the answer when what we really need is water.
10. Rules to live by.
Pee clear by midday.
Aim for 30mls per kg of body weight.
Have water bottles everywhere.
Set an alarm or load an app on your phone.
Start your day with a large glass of water.
Alternate water with anything else that you drink (tea, coffee, soft drink, alcohol)