#59 Fruit. Good? Bad?
This week's Monday Motivation focuses on whether fruit is good or bad.
At a snapshot, fresh fruit has about 50/50 split of glucose & fructose.
There are lots of myths about fruit like "you shouldn't eat fruit before lunchtime".
I like to break the fruit into high and low glycemic index fruits (GI).
Low GI fruits:
High GI fruits:
2-3 pieces of fruit a day is enough.
I love for one of those servings to be 1/2 cup of berries for a great hit of anti-aging properties. I also love a banana especially after working out and I want to pull some carbohydrates into my muscles.
- Don't drink your fruit. Eat the piece of fruit used to make juice with a glass of water, otherwise, you missing out on lots of the nutrition fruit provides like fibre.
- Stay away from dried fruits, it's easy to take on too much-concentrated sugars this way.
In January 2020 we ran a free 5-day course, it was so popular - we ended up with 87 of you on it! We've already had more than triple that sign-up for this next course.
This free 5-day course “Figuring out the Weight loss puzzle” will start on the 24th Sept and run over the weekend finishing on Monday.
There will be a workbook, free pop-up Facebook group, and daily coaching with questions and answers.
I can’t wait to run this again!
If you want to join me you can SIGN UP HERE and d I'll be able to send through your workbook and the link for the Facebook Group once it's live.
Loads of you kept up the momentum from that initial free course and have lost 10-20kg this year. Achieving the goals that we set! Some of you didn’t but that’s ok, that is what I am here for! Let’s get everything in order and kickstarted again for summer!
Here are some comments from the January course:
- “Thank you so much for the last 5 days. I’m sure that I speak for the others on this course when I say that you have shared some invaluable information that has made me think about how I am going to achieve my goals this year!”
- “Thank you Ginny this has been so encouraging and motivating. I have loved the live chats and now have a new resolve to get healthy and fit!”
- “Thank you, Ginny, this has been truly amazing!