#115 Why this isn't working anymore.
Can you believe that it is Xmas week already?
Many people will be glad to see the back of 2021!
As we look forward to next year many of us are reviewing our weight loss, health and fitness goals.
A question that I get asked all the time is "why isn't this working?".
As in I am putting a ton of time and energy into pursuing my goals and just not seeing the results.
Previously, Weight Watchers, Paleo, Keto or Intermittent fasting has worked well for me but now I am stuck!
So what do I do next?
Hold it right there! Before embarking on another round of shakes, points, calories or cutting out entire food groups here are some things to consider:
1. Our bodies and therefore hormone levels and metabolisms are constantly changing so, of course, our nutrition requirements will change too! One size fits all food plans are never going to work long term. We all love rules but a more realistic approach is learning to listen to our changing bodies and tweak our food choices accordingly.
2. Be a detective and find the BLATS (extra bites, licks and tastes) that we think don't matter, but mount up. How big are our portion sizes? Are there hidden calorie-dense foods or drinks lurking in our day to day eating?
3. Do your food choices fit with your current lifestyle? How do you accommodate eating out and social functions?
4. Is this way of eating realistic? Does it include food that you love?
5. Is emotional eating or using food as a crutch or distraction a factor? Do you feel deprived? Is there an all or nothing diet mentality thing going on?
6. Are you properly hydrated and do you get enough sleep?
7. Do you recognise true hunger? Do you stop eating at 80% full?
If you need help with weight loss, fitness, maintenance or health goals for next year please reply to this email, I would love to help!