#131 Weight Loss basics
What do I mean by the basics?
I'm talking about the 5 basics for getting your body to a healthy weight and keeping it there forever.
I love science and I am always right on top of the latest evidence based studies on nutrition, health and weight loss. I love how fat metabolism and glucose storage and protein synthesis works. I love how our bodies convert food into - well our bodies.
But none of that is worth a jot if we aren't prepared to study and lean into the 5 basics. And when I say lean into I mean to live the 5 basics every day.
I will do my best to keep it brief - here they are:
1. We have to get in touch with our bodies. Re-learn what true hunger feels like. What does fullness feel like? How do we know when we have had enough to eat? Practice eating when physically hungry and stopping at 80% full. That is what humans do in their natural state- think about how instinctive children are with food. If we truly practice this and eliminate habit, emotional and boredom eating we will end up at our natural weight. No more dieting, no more beating ourselves up over food.
2. We have to plan our food ahead of time. Even when we don't want to. We need to give our bodies the gift of good nutrition by having a plan in place. Especially when we are busy, stressed or out of routine.
3. Drink water. If we are under hydrated we cannot optimise burning body fat as a fuel. How can we burn 6kg of fat in a year without trying? Stay hydrated.
4. Sleep. Work on getting 7-9 hours of sleep every night. Create a bedtime routine and good sleep hygiene to this end. When we are sleep deprived we suppress our fat burning hormone leptin, increase our hunger hormone ghrelin and our stress hormone cortisol. All of which stop fat burning and increase belly fat.
5. Move. Humans are designed to stand and walk, not sit. Make standing and moving as often as possible a non-negotiable part of your day. I am writing this from my standing desk!
These are my five basics. I am here to help when you need me just reach out.
The truth is that we are all capable of integrating these changes in to our lives and reaching our own untapped potential.
But to tap into the best version of ourselves takes a whole heap of courage.
Our brain is programmed to avoid danger and uncertainty it would far rather keep us where we are right now than let us step outside of our comfort zone toward the best version of ourselves.
But if we don't step outside of that comfort zone then we can never change or grow we are stuck in ground hog day!
We have to challenge our thoughts. In fact, we often have to let our thoughts and beliefs about ourselves go and come up with a whole new story for ourselves.
This takes courage.
It is not too late to start that journey now. Be brave and have the courage to step outside of the food and exercise comfort zone.
My 12 Week Course & Outlook Members have a complimentary ring-bound copy of my food planner. But I do have a few A4 and A5 copies for sale. Please email me if you would like to purchase one.
12 Week Program.
We start on 6th June 2022
Make the rest of the year count!
Weight loss doesn't start with nutrition or exercise.....it starts in our heads!
My absolute passion is to help women lose their weight, for good.
Despite menopause, despite lifestyle changes, despite feeling overwhelmed.
My mission is to help women to take their power back.
This 12-week program focuses on the tools and strategies to change our mindset and our relationship with food and body image, forever.
Join me before we close and be coached, step by step, to set yourself up for success.
Click Here for more details: